A filling is something that most people will have undergone at some point in their lives.
The newest generation of tooth-colored filling materials, called composites, are the most life-like materials dentists can use to fill cavities. These materials are able to duplicate the true appearance of a tooth, but they also provide strength to the tooth that is being restored. There are several steps involved in the meticulous application of this material that is sealed onto the tooth. Composite filling materials bond to the tooth, thereby decreasing the chance of temperature sensitivity. The bonding process returns some of the original structural integrity of the tooth, making it stronger.
Porcelain Dental Veneers. Creating that picture perfect smile!
Veneers are an ideal cosmetic solution for everyone who desires a beautiful smile with minimal invasions into their teeth.
Porcelain Veneers (or dental porcelain laminates) are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length.
WHAT TYPES OF PROBLEMS DO PORCELAIN VENEERS FIX?
- Teeth that are discolored — either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth.
- Teeth that are worn down.
- Teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, have craters or bulges in them).
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth).