REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT
The duties of our dental assistants are among the most comprehensive and varied in the dental office. The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the patient’s medical history
- Taking dental radiographs (must have X-ray certification)
- Assisting the dentist with all general dentistry procedures including endodontics and oral surgery.
- Serving as an infection control officer, following infection control protocol, and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures.
- Discussing treatment procedures confidently with patients
- Teaching patients’ appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counselling).
Proficient in the following Intra-Oral Skills:
- Rubber Dam Placement
- Retraction Cord Placement
- Impression taking
- Fabricating, cementing and removing temporary crowns
- Chairside Whitening
- Suture Removal
- Prophylaxis and Fluoride application
Although not necessary for all assisting roles, the Orthodontic module would be a plus.
Wages & Benefits:
- Wages paid in local Cayman Islands currency.
- Pension, Health Insurance, Licensing and Uniforms
This is a Full Time position working an average of 40 hours per week.
Date Required: Immediate
Please send resume’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews may be conducted virtually.